|What is Far Infrared?
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Did you know that every time you feel the sun’s rays, hear your favorite song on the radio, get an x-ray, or use the microwave, you’re using a different form of electromagnetic energy? The Electromagnetic Spectrum (EM) is used to explain energy that exists in our world, these energies are around us all the time, but we are only aware of a very small portion of them, visible light (or colours) and infrared energy (heat).You can also be over-exposed to another form of energy, ultraviolet or UV light, we feel this when we get sun burnt. An infrared map of sea surface temperatures, with red being the warmest and purple the coldest.Infrared light is part of the sunsinvisible spectrum; the heat we feel is completely healthy, safe and essential for all living things.
• Infrared means ‘below the red’ i.e. lower in frequency, it’s the suns natural and safe energy that cannot be seen and is perceived as heat.
• Infrared waves are longer than light but shorter than radio waves; lying outside the visible spectrum at its red end.
• Infrared rays are often called ‘vital rays’.
• Infrared heat is also called ‘radiant’ heat. Radiant heat is simply a form of energy that heats objects directly through a process called conversion without heating the air in between.
• The EM Spectrum is measured in microns or micrometers (a micron = 1000nm)
• Infrared (IR) is often subdivided into near IR (NIR) 0.076 to 1.5 microns, mid IR (MIR) 1.5 to 5.6 microns and far IR (FIR) 5.6 to 1000 microns.
• All humans send and receive FIR waves. The range of far-infrared waves generated by our bodies is 6 – 20 microns. The optimal micron output range is between 7 – 14 microns which is very close to the resonant frequency of a water molecule. This similarity makes sense since our bodies are almost 70% water. This range, sometimes called “Vital Rays” appears to have special regenerative effects on our
• The design of our Bosse sauna allows for better performance well within the “Vital Range” of 7 to 14 microns with a good portion of wavelengths at 9.4, which is the frequency at which a water molecule resonates or vibrates. This vibration causes a release of cellular toxins such as mercury, aluminum, cholesterol and other toxic gases such as sulfur and formaldehyde. This optimal micron output also allows for deeper penetration of far-infrared heat, which improves pain relief, detoxification, circulation, and increased peripheral blood flow.
• All living creatures send and receive FIR waves.
• The complete spectrum of sunlight consists of invisible and visible rays, the visible rays are the rainbow colours, and the invisible rays are Ultra Violet, X-Rays, Cosmic, Microwave, Long Wave, Gamma, Electrical and Infrared.
• Far infrared energy is used in Medicine where Doctors use infrared lamps and heaters to treat skin and relieve the pain of sore muscles, and also used on newborn baby’s cribs in hospitals; Scientific advances pertaining to infrared have allowed buildings to keep cool even in the summer by using gold transparent films in the windows of large office buildings; Consumer goods such as remote control for your TV’s, children’s robot toys, burglar alarms, radiant heaters, and more; In Industry, infrared is extensively used for drying painted and enameled surfaces, metals, textile, leather and paper goods
• When infrared rays are absorbed by living things, the temperature rises not the surrounding air. The frequency of the radiation depends on the temperature of the part of the body concerned, like infrared cameras to ‘see in the dark’.
• “Roy G. Biv” a student’s memory trick to recall the order of colours, Red, Orange, yellow, green, indigo and violet. Each colour has a unique signature identifying its location in the spectrum; the signature of colour is the wavelength of light
• FIR works so well because it can penetrate beyond the skin level up to 4 cm and because our body consists of more than 70% of water, it works from heating inside to outside, this energizes and vibrates water molecules; perspiring more. Whereas near-infrared is mostly absorbed at skin level and raises skin temperature
• When FIR waves are applied, the water molecules that encapsulate the toxins get heated up and start to vibrate; this vibration reduces the ion bonds of the atoms that are holding molecules of water. As the breakdown of the water molecules occurs, encapsulated gases and other toxic material are released and the body becomes rejuvenated and we see and feel a lot of the health benefits we hear about. The World’s No. 1 Selling Sauna By Far!!!
• One of the invisible rays is the far-infrared ray and this has attracted the attention of the scientific world and researchers because of the positive affects to human beings.
• The source of infrared heat in your infrared sauna is actually a ceramic tube or cube, warmed by an electrical wire embedded within it. The tube is shielded by a metallic grill that is covered by a soft coating, and is safe to touch while it is operating. Ceramic is considered a raw natural earth element and Incoloy a highly processed from of earth element. Ceramic heaters are known to emit 95% + of the total heat in Far Infrared form. Incoloy is known to emit only 50-60% of its heat in Far Infrared form. Ceramic has also shown to emit the majority if its FIR between 7-12 microns (as shown below). Incoloy emits the majority of its FIR between 0-7 microns. You will benefit from both ceramic and Incoloy, but you will get a much higher concentration of 9.5 from Ceramic and very little from Incoloy.
• Traditional saunas use hot air; whereas FIR heat warms your body directly providing you with a more relaxed and safe sauna experience.• The body’s ability to also emit FIR energy is the reason behind some alternative healing practices such as ‘laying-on of hands’ and ‘palm healing’, a practice with some 3000 years of tradition behind it in China (known as “Qi-Gong therapy). Our palms in fact emit far infrared
heat at between 8 to 12 microns.
• Infrared is a form of radiant heat that gently heats objects directly without heating the surrounding air, like traditional saunas. People, plants and all living creatures naturally absorb and are warmed by Infrared. Approximately 80% of the sun’s rays fall into the infrared range.
• Infrared energy is measured in wavelengths as microns. The human body can best absorb infrared energy in the 3- to 50- micron range, with the best absorption occurring at 9.4 microns. Most saunas emit infrared heat in the 7- 14 – micron range with a peak of 9.4 microns, the same as the human body, making it easier to absorb. Infrared heaters emit the same type of wavelength that heats the body by about 4 cms deep.
• With Global warming and climate changes on the increase it is becoming clear why FIR technology is becoming crucial in our daily lives. This visible air pollution reflects sunlight back into space, preventing it reaching all living things.
• Global Warming is the proposed theory that the Earth's land, sea, and atmospheric temperatures are rapidly increasing. Many people believe the cause of global warming is something called the Greenhouse Effect, which is when certain gases or vapors, called greenhouse gases block infrared radiation that is being emitted from the Earth, thus causing it to stay in the atmosphere and consequently warm the Earth.
80% sunlight is infraredInvisible light Visible light We feel it as heat We see as colour
Infrared Near Mid
Far – safest because of its longer wavelength, our bodies are made of more than 70% water, the heat from our saunas operate the same way the sun’s far infrared energy, however using the latest digital technology and using the correct temperature range of 6 to 14 microns the heat penetrates our bodies about 4 cms, creating resonance (absorption) thus causing water molecules to oscillate (vibrate) in turn producing numerous health benefits.
Human and Match in the Infrared
This is an infrared image of a Jet Propulsion Lab engineer holding a burning match. The image is colorcoded to show differences in temperature: note the white and deep red in the flame and the engineer’s palm (where his warm blood vessels are close to the surface of the skin) and the blue of his cool glasses. This picture demonstrates that infrared images predominantly show heat energy and its distribution.